Chemistry is the study of matter, its properties, how and why substances combine or separate to form other substances, and how substances interact with energy. Many people think of chemists as being white-coated scientists mixing strange liquids in a laboratory, but the truth is we are all chemists.
If you’re an educational professional who are looking to progress into Atomic Structure. ... Electrochemistry. ... Units and Measurement. ... Thermochemistry. ... Chemical Bonding. ... Periodic Table. ... Equations and Stoichiometry. this is the best degree for you.
1. Patron : Dr. Prafulla Ch. Kalita , Principal
2. President : Mr. Diganta Borah, Head, Department of Chemistry
3. Vice-president : Mr. Muhikanta Borah (Parent)
4. Secretary : Mr. Prodip Kumar Goswami (Teacher)
5. Joint Assistant Secretary : (i) Dr. Pabitra Kalita (Teacher)
(ii) Mr. Bipin Oja (Parent)
6. Members : (i) Mr. Girish Kr. Nath
(ii) Mr. Surendranath Neog
(iii) Mrs. Taru Rani Ghosh
(iv) Mr. Bidyadhar Baruah
(v) Mr. Rana Baruah
1. Publication of faculty members
a. Research paper in Journals ( national/international) = 30
b. Books/ book chapters = 2
c. Articles = 15
d. Books edited = 07
2. Research Projects ( major / minor )
a. Completed = 4
b. Ongoing = 1
3. Patents = 1
Apart from the academic activities and achievements, Department also encourage its students to engage themselves in diverse co-curricular activities, as a result of which many of our students have secured prizes and positions in different National, Inter-College and Institution level. Some of the latest achievements obtained by our present students are listed below:
1. One student of dept. of Chemistry Sri Jayanta Madhab Baruah has been selected and successfully completed the programme for students consisting of an exposure cum enrichment camp organized by Homi Bhaba Centre for Science Education (HBCSE)-TIFR under National Initiative on Undergraduate Science (NIUS), TIFR-2017-18.
2. ‘CHEMO-VISION’ the departmental wall magazine published by the students of Chemistry department every year reflects their creativity in thinking and writing. This magazine has been able to secure the “BEST WALL-MAGAZINE award for last 7 years ( From 2011 -2018 ) in the inter-department wall magazine competition in the Annual College Week of our College.
3. In Annual College Week every year, the students of the dept got prizes in the following categories-
i. Football ( both boys and Girls)
ii. Volleyball ( both boys and Girls)
iv. Badminton / Tennis
v. Weight lifting/ power lifting/shot phut
vii. Story writing ( English/ Assamese)
viii. Vocal Music
ix. Art and Craft etc.
4. A group of the dept. students achieved best Science Model award in National Seminar cum workshop on Advances in Science and Technology and Pertinent need of Instrumentation organized by department of Physics, Sibsagar College, Joysagar in 2018
5. The student of the department had secured BEST PRESENTER award in the Inter-college student seminar in Green Chemistry and its Application organized by Sibsagar College .
6. One of the student Mr. Sarbananda Neog has been awarded the Best Debater award in many debating competition held at different institutions of Sivasagar and Jorhat ( 2017-2019 )
7. The department of Chemistry was entitled the BEST DEPARTMENT of Sibsagar College, Joysagar for last two years ( 2018-2019 )
8. The student of the department also got many award in various event of YOUTH FESTIVAL organized by Dibrugarh University every year.
Sibsagar College, Joysagar
District - Sivasagar (Assam) 785665
Mon – Fri 9:00A.M. – 5:00P.M.